Friday 13 July 2012

Shinji Kagawa can't wait to get started at new season


Manchester United midfielder Shinji Kagawa says he cannot wait to get started at Old Trafford and has called it the "greatest challenge" of his career.

The 23-year-old Japan international joined from German club Borussia Dortmund in June, signing a four-year contract with the Barclays Premier League club.
He was officially unveiled along with fellow new boy Nick Powell, who signed from Crewe Alexandra, on Thursday.
"I definitely feel the attention of the media globally now. I'm a member of a great club at Manchester United. I think I can handle the pressure and am pretty confident I can adapt to the style of the Premier League."I'm happy to be here and every day I'll take the chance to improve myself and move further up," Kagawa told the club's official website. "It's definitely the greatest challenge of my career and I hope to learn and improve every day.

"I've always said I have to improve my playing qualities; now I've been here a bit I can really feel the difference. It's a top level club and environment, and when the other internationals join us it will be even better.
"Everything here shows me it's a really big club and it's a great honour to play here. I want to really contribute by achieving concrete results."

New signings

Meanwhile, United manager Sir Alex Ferguson has revealed that the club are still looking at making new signings ahead of the start of the new season on August 18th.
"We could possibly bring one or two more in," said the Scot. "When there's a major international tournament on there's a delay in the transfer market.
"But now the European Championships are over we're trying to bring someone in."
Ferguson also revealed that midfielder Darren Fletcher, who was forced to take a break from football in December due to a chronic inflammatory bowel condition, is yet to return to training.
"We are happy to be patient but he won't be starting the season," said Ferguson. "It is unfortunate because he is such a magnificent professional and such a nice lad.
"He has obviously got great challenges ahead."
United's campaign gets under way on Monday August 20th when they travel to Goodison Park to meet Everton.

No comments:

Post a Comment